Task1. The Best Source of Getting Information about the World. TASK
Ideas about each option:
1.Newspapers are packed with thelatest news, information and facts. They help us to be in the know ofeverything. 2. They usually provide us with extradetails, commentaries and backgroundinformation. 3. Newspapers cater for a variety of political news, interests and levels of education so you can choose a newspaperaccording to your interests.
1. I don't like reading very much.It takes so much time. 2. Newspapers make my handsdirty. 3. The print is so small. My eyesusuallyget so tired.
1. It's good to listen to the radio in a car, orin the open air, or when you do something about the house. 2. You can tune into all kinds of stations: popor classical music, news, sport or foreign radiostations so you can keep up-to-date with the news. 3. Radio has fresher news than newspapers. Theyare informed every half-hour.
1. Radio station newscasts arevery short and you have to believe the presenter's opinion because you don't have enough information. 2. The newsbreaks on the radio are alsorecorded beforehand so they are not alwaysfresh. 3. Sometimes it's difficult to find the necessaryradio station.
1. It is a wonderful source of information. When you need immediate information about the latest world events, you switch the TV on. 2. I like TV news because I can see everything with my own eyes. 3. Television is a reflection of the modern world and it allows me to follow the events in faraway countries without visiting them.
1. All channels usually show the same news. 2. If I want to learn the latest news, I have to wait until the news programme is on. 3. You can't get information about everything on TV.
1. All the latest information is available to you in your home at any hour of the day and night. You don't have to wait for news programmes to be in the know of everything. 2. The Internet allows you to watch all TV programmes. Moreover, it has additional video films on different topics. 3. Modern computer screens have no radiation.
1. You have to pay for the Internet. It is very expensive. 2. We can't see everything with our own eyes. 3. Computer affect our eyesight.